Sunday, April 8, 2012

No more coloring Easter eggs for awhile.....

Well, this is the first year in a very long time that no Easter eggs were colored the night before or hidden around the house. Yes I am being nostalgic but that's OK. I uploaded a scan of Easter through 3 generations.In the upper picture I am the one on the far left with my brother Eddie, Walter and our dog Minnie. The house was built by my Dad. Minnie was the dog who when we left our dozen plus Easter eggs  on the dining room table while we went to church ( BIG mistake! ) ate all the Easter eggs.  :o)
The beautiful girls down below are my daughter on the left and my granddaughter who is now 17 on the right. I have memories of hiding the eggs and the race of the kids to find them all. The questions asking is this all of them and the yeah or the nay and getting hot or cold in getting that last egg. Of course one year the last one did not get found and of course we did not realize it. But that last egg was found a few months later- big yuck. I will have to wait for my great-grandchildren to be coloring more Easter eggs or I could color them for myself which is always fun. I love the colors the shells turn.

 I do love Easter and the celebration of Spring. This is the time for renewal of the cycles of life on this beautiful Earth, with new life being born and the flowers blooming and the end of Winter's hibernation. This is the time of new beginnings where the earth's energy starts flowing upwards and blossoming. I plan on making this Spring and this year to be full of growth for myself and for Ritual Waters and to make 2012 memorable.

What are your plans for this season and this year? Where will you be when June 21st comes with the onset of the Summer season. Will you be reaping the rewards of all you began and planted in the Spring, carefully tended and grown?





2 comments:

  1. I hope you have an amazing Easter, even without the eggs. Remember the real reason for Easter! *He is risen!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy we did have a great Easter! And yes we remember.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment and share!