Thursday, April 26, 2012

Being Fine .............

Let me preface this video that it is not the F -bomb in the talk but the word Fine.
I love TED and the great speakers that show up at their conferences. Mel Robbins gives a wonderful talk about getting what you want - what it takes to be more than just "fine".  I know I have said that way more than once in my life to explain how I am feeling when I am not fine. I agree that this is a much over used word that smooths over how we feel about ourselves- our jobs- our relationships- our lives- the world. It is like how the frosting on a cake is used to cover over the cracks and imperfections. It just smooths things over so it looks all uniform and hides the things that are wrong!
I know that I want to be more than just fine in my life- I want it to be great and awesome and fantastic! I want to jump out of bed every morning and be ready for anything that comes up! But first I need to be ready and get up and not push that snooze alarm and go back to sleep. I have found that I push that snooze alarm way too many times as getting up into a cold room and starting another day can be uncomfortable. Like afew posts ago when I wrote about our fears, not of not being good enough but of being awesome and powerful. Those seem to be the places that scare us so we go back and hide under the covers. Feeling that we are more powerful beyond words is scary as then we have no excuses to hide behind and have a great responsibility to live up to our success.

I want to have an influence in this world and make a difference in people's lives. I have this business called Ritual Waters and I want this to be my contribution to the world. I want it to be more than just soap and bath products although they are great if I do say so myself- tooting my own horn I know. :o)  For me they are healthy for your body but also I want them to help the body and spirit calm down when used in the bath for  relaxing. I want people to use them to feed the outside of their body and for my customers to also be selfish by feeding their souls in creating rituals for de-stressing. As one lathers on the soap- you are caring for your body and caring for your self and your spirit. I want them to stop and smell the soaps as one is to stop and smell the roses- stop and take some time out of your quick paced life to just stop and be still. Take some time out of the craziness of their life before it slips away. I want to spread these ideas around and for others to share how they calm down and listen to that still small voice inside that knows what they want and how to get it.

What do you really want ?



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment and share!