Sunday, April 15, 2012

I love hearing the birds in the morning.....

I usually awake early every morning, about 5am during the week and about 6am on the weekends. 7am is late for me on the weekends.  LOL The wonderful thing about waking up that early is hearing what I name as "the birds calling up the morning". I love listening to them which I did this lovely morning. I was hoping to find an audio of this wonderful sound and was very happy when I did. So, just in case you are not early risers please enjoy!

I also find that the best time to journal is in the wee hours of the morning and the birds singing up the morning is such a great accompaniment. I term this writing my morning pages and started doing them after reading Julia Cameron's book  The Artists Way . This is a wonderful book that is a 12 week program to awaken one's creativity and one of the techniques is to do morning pages every day. You write 3 pages in longhand and not on the computer. You need to get that flow of "your hand simply moving across the page." This physical act puts you in touch with yourself that typing on a keyboard does not- at least for me. As Julia has written there is no right way or wrong way to do them, simply keep your hand moving across the page.

I hope you will check out her book as I have read and re-read that book and I think I need to read it again. I picked it up when I was living in NY a long time ago in 1998 and joined a group of women who were reading it. When I moved down to NC in 1999 I was thinking I needed to re-read it again and low and behold I saw an ad for a group at the local art school. How serendipitous was that ? I met a wonderful group of fellow artists and from that group 2 members started working and leading other groups and it spread!

So what's holding back your creativity? Come and fill your well of creativity !

3 comments:

  1. I love sitting on the back porch in the morning and listening to the birds. The dogs even just will sit outside and enjoy. Its raining this morning but the sliders are open so I can still enjoy the morning air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful also, envy you your porch! Thanks for stopping by and hope you had a great day! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment and share!