Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Filling the Well....


Filling the well is a term Julia Cameron uses in her book, The Artist's Way. The well is your pool of creativity, your dreams, ideas, inspirations, images and so forth. As your creative juices flow with tasks, projects, ideas you deep into that well or pool and start emptying it out. One must refill this pool otherwise you will be empty. I have been feeling like that lately with all the blogging activity I have been engaged in since I committed to the Ultimate Bog Challenge- 30 blogs in 30 days. I also find myself working on empty when my day job ramps up gets busy beyond belief and I need to come home and work on Ritual Waters - my real creative passion. So here I am in front on the computer and wondering what to write as I feel I am on empty and the bottom of the well is feeling abit crusty and damp instead of overflowing with cool water.

So one thing I did tonight to help settle my "monkey mind" that keeps interrupting me was to take a nice long hot bath with just a candle for company. This seemed to help me slow down somewhat and settle. Another thing I could have added about 10 drops of Lavender or Chamomile to the water which I thought about now instead of when I was in the water.  LOL

I also need to take the time to start writing morning pages again and dumping all the stuff on the page so I can get down to the good stuff. Like clearing out the mud and silt so what water there is will clear up.

One last thing I need to do for myself is to go on an artist's date and do something fun for myself- been way too serious lately. I need a play date with myself.  Maybe go to a nursery and get some flowers or herbs for the flower beds and be outside in the sun to plant them! That sounds like a great weekend project!

What do you do to fill your well to be creative ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment and share!