Saturday, July 7, 2012

Want to know how I unmolded that beer shampoo soap ?

I thought I had a great plan and it worked! After 48 hours I put the soap in the freezer overnight. And the next day I removed the plastic from the bottom of the PVC pipe. I still have my Mom's old wooden potato masher (I think it must be about 70 years old!) and pushed it through that end to pop out the soap. Since these are 12"long lengths it did not quite push the soap out all the way. So I got my handy StarBucks travel mug and set the masher on top of that with the pushed out mold/soap and shoved it down over the mug and it popped out the soap all the way!  Yeah!  I then cut the soap into bars with my soap cutter so they are all lined up on my soap rack to cure for 3 weeks! And the scent is great!

Some of you may be wondering about a soap shampoo bar and how does that work? To shampoo your hair really wet down your hair, wet the bar and then rub the bar on your head to work up a lather. Wash hair as you normally do and rinse. I use coconut oil and castor oil and you will get lots of creamy lather- I think more than liquid shampoo and with none of those harsh ingredients like SLS -sodium lauryl sulfate and such. I also rinse my hair periodically with an apple cider vinegar rinse- 1 part cider vinegar to 3 parts warm water. Do not use distilled vinegar. After you shampoo use the vinegar rinse and this helps with the tangles. I don't use it every time I shampoo but as needed. The cider vinegar rinse will also restore your hair's natural ph balance which helps to make it more smooth and silky. Try it for yourself.

As I said in my previous post this is a new shampoo recipe with the beer added and I was wanting to ask for some volunteers to try out a sample bar and comment on it for me.

Let me know below if you are interested as the bars will be ready week of 7/22!

What have you got to lose and  your hair may love you for it! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm getting excited to try it! Glad your plan for getting it out of the mold worked.
    Thanks for the little explanation of how to use it. The tangles were the problem I had before, so I will keep the cider vinegar rinse in mind.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great - will let you know when it ships out! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful Marilyn and I love your mom's potato masher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was trying to figure out how old it was by how old I am- geesh the years creep up on one! :o)

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to comment and share!