Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Artist Date

Yes its a hodgepodge of things, went shopping. I hit the Farmer's Market about 10AM as well as many other's in the hot sun. Lots of veggies and fruit to tempt my eye and nose. And yes there was a woman you was selling cupcakes, I bought 2 of them and as you can see only one left. :o)  Orange Crush and Strawberry- Yum! The baker is Easey Peasy which I thought was cute name. Bought corn, tomatoes and other things. What was so great was talking to people and laughing and just being out.

I also bought a blue soap dish and Good Luck Oogles. They are cute and I figured I would give one to my granddaughter when she goes away to college the end of the summer. She can use all the good luck she can get with all the changes that will be going on once she leaves home. And also one for my daughter as she will need all good luck with her empty nest. Mine is just for the heck of it!  :o) Artist is Back Porch Pottery- you can email her at hendersongail4@yahoo.com 
There was another soaper at the market selling her soaps- I always go check out other soapers and what they are doing and yes I buy other people's soaps- this is where my addiction comes in to scents.

OK and lastly I went to several fabric/quilt stores searching for that button to no avail. And yes I did buy some fabric- there is really a saying, "she who has the most fabric wins" and I believe I will be in the running for that title. I did not find the pink button I was looking for but I found some pink glass beads that I will make into a button somehow - so that will work I think. But I did have allot of fun and even signed up for a quilt class. I love the camaraderie of being in a class.
Driving back to the house after my adventure I felt really good and motivated to accomplish some things today including writing this blog. I feel like I played and met several interesting people and just had fun and enjoyed myself.

What fun things do yo have planned for this weekend? I know you have a to do list but what about a play list or an artist date list? 


7 comments:

  1. I love this. I love the artist date idea as suggested by The Artist Way. I could easily have an artist's date at the farmers market. Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of "artist date". Thanks for sharing yours. A friend recently lent me The Artists Way. I read it, but need to buy my own copy and really go through it, step by step.

    This weekend, I'm just going to focus on trying to stay cool. It's been several days of really hot weather here in south central WI, so going to relax, write, record/produce some podcasts and stay indoors. :) Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South Central WI - I lived in Menonomie WI and went to grad school at UW Stout from 79-82. Love WI- stay cool as I know it has been a bear in the Midwest! Please buy a copy it is a great book- although I tend to underline allot. :o)

      Delete
  3. Just got back from an overnight in the mountains with my Mom and my 3 girls....If I was a painter I would have had a lot to do up there. The scenery is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to chuckle at you being in the running for 'she who has the most fabric wins', because in my house it's 'she who has the most papercrafting stuff wins'. My 10-year-old grand-niece said to me today: 'You could open a shop with all this.' She's not wrong. Didn't stop her going home with quite a bagful, though.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment and share!